Our Board of Education has engaged the services of the Michigan Association of School Boards Executive Search Services (MASB ESS) to assist with the process of selecting a new superintendent to assume my position following my retirement this coming June.
The Board met last evening in an open special meeting to review the plan for the search process and set the following timeline (dates and times subject to change):
- By November 21 – a preliminary position announcement will be completed and widely posted
- January 16, 2017 – a finalized, detailed posting including a profile of the qualifications and application procedures will be completed and posted (open special board meeting, 7:00 pm)
- February 6, 2017 – the posting closes
- February 13, 2017 – candidate applications will be reviewed in closed session by the Board and the field narrowed to 4-6 candidates
- March 6 and 8, 2017 – first round of interviews will be conducted on these evenings and finalists selected (open special board meetings, 6:30 pm)
- March 20, 2017 – final round of interviews will be conducted in an open special board meeting at 6:00 pm, following tours of the district earlier in the afternoon and a community open house (time and location will be announced at a later date)
It is my intent to assist our Board in being fully transparent throughout the process and I will keep our community, staff and students aware of each step along the way.