Tomorrow, voters will consider whether to approve the Strong Schools, Strong Communities proposal, a 10-year, 0.9 mill increase for a regional enhancement millage that will allow local school districts to strengthen our future workforce and develop and attract strong talent right here in West Michigan.
If approved, the proposal will allow local districts like Godfrey-Lee to:
- Expand career training and technical course offerings that will give students real life, on-the-job training and a head start on their careers.
- Give students exposure to the world of work and business with partnerships that prepare them for careers.
- Give students living in poverty a good start, and surround them with the support needed to keep them in school.
What every taxpayer should know:
- By law, if the proposal is approved, every penny generated from this proposal will be distributed to local school districts to maintain programs and improve services for students
- If approved, all millage dollars will be publicly reported on our district’s website and an independent audit will be conducted to ensure transparency and accountability.
- If approved, the proposed rate of 0.9 mills will cost the average home owner in the Kent ISD region approximately $6.70 per month with 100% of funds going to local schools like ours.
Please share this information with your friends and family so they are informed about what’s on the ballot on Tuesday, May 2.
Please remind them this is a critical day for the future of our schools. Ask them what their plan is to get to the polling location to make sure they can vote on TUESDAY, MAY 2.
Learn more at: strongschoolsstrongcommunities.com